Watch Point is a feature of the Software Capture for PC application that enables the automation of bulk uploads of video content to the Video Platform. Content Creators may upload a variety of different file types and use Watch Point to upload a single stream video or a video that includes multiple video content streams, also known as Multi-Stream videos.
Using Watch Point
Watch Point enables users to select sources, extensions, and streams to automate the file ingestion process. Content Creators may Add, Delete, or Edit their Watch Point selections.
- Access Watch Point through the Settings wheel or the Software Capture application icon in the System Tray.
- Click the Add button in the Watch Point window.
- Browse to select the desired Source for content. This is where the content is coming from on the PC.
- Browse to choose the Destination for content. This is where the content is being uploaded within the Video Platform.
- Make Owner, Destination, and Publish selections.
- Use the arrows to select Extensions for the content ingestion.
- Choose desired Suffixes for file ingestion. Adding a Suffix is only necessary for multi-stream content.
- Click Add to save the settings.
- Select the desired Source and click Delete or Edit if needed to remove or modify a saved Source.
Adding Source Folder Permissions
In order for Content Creators to add content to a designated Source folder, the Watch Point user needs to setup Full Control permission to the Source Folder for Everyone who has access to the PC.
- Right-click on the desktop and choose New Folder.
- Right-click on the newly created folder and select Properties.
- From the Properties menu, select the Security menu.
- In the Security menu, select Edit under the list of permitted members if Everyone is not present.
- In the popup window, click Add.
- Under Enter the object names to select, type in: Everyone.
- Once Everyone is added, under Permissions check the Full Control box under Permissions for Everyone.
- Click OK. A successful upload will remove the video from the folder and start processing in the selected My Media Library.