The Media Player Sidebar provides access to the Index, Slides, Captions, Notes, Comments, Resources, and the Search feature, as well as the ability to download both Notes.
Using the Sidebar
The Video Platform’s Media Player also includes a Sidebar, which contains additional tools that allow Viewers to take notes while watching the media, see all the posted comments, or access any additional resources that the Content Creators attach.
- While watching the media, click the Sidebar icon to open up the Sidebar menu.
- Below is the list of all available tools for Viewers on the Sidebar menu.
- Index: System-generated index that allows Viewers to quickly jump between sections of the media.
- Slides: System-generated slides that let Viewers know when a new PowerPoint slide starts.
- Captions: System-generated auto-captions.
- Notes: Allows Viewers to write down personal notes while watching the media.
- Comments: Displays all the posted comments from other Viewers while watching the media.
- Resources: Additional resources that are attached by the Content Creators.
- View Shortcuts: Displays the list of all available hotkeys to control the Media Player.
- Download Notes: Allows Viewers to download all the notes that they took while watching the media.
- Search: Allows Viewers to search through all the components within the Sidebar.