With the Video Platform, Administrators can remotely schedule an impromptu or recurring live stream session for a Hardware Hub right from the Admin Panel's Devices page.
Scheduling a Live Stream on the Hardware Hub
The process for scheduling Live Stream sessions is simple for any Hardware Hub.
- Log in to the Video Platform as an Administrator.
- Click on the Main Menu icon and select Admin Panel.
- Navigate to the Devices tab.
- Within the Devices tab in Admin Panel, click on any device name to reveal all the available tools for the Device Scheduler and select the Schedule Session button.
- Fill out all the information for the meeting.
- Preview Title: Title of the session.
- Description: Description of the session.
- Session Owner: The user's name whom this session belongs to.
- Save Location: The folder to save the recording for the Session Owner.
- Publish Location: The Course Channel to publish the recording to.
- Notify Class When Complete: Check to notify users within the course once the recording is published.
- Disable Auto Captioning: Check to disable auto-captioning for the session.
- Date and Start Time: Select the date and time for the session.
- Scroll down and fill out the rest of the information.
- Length: The length of the session.
- Enable Live Stream: Select Yes to enable Live Streaming for the scheduled session.
- Live 24/7: If Live Streaming is enabled, Administrators can select Yes to create a 24/7 Live Stream. Note that 24/7 Live Stream sessions will not be recorded.
- Repeat: Choose whether you would like this to be a recurring session.
- Repeat Detail: Enter the frequency of the recurring sessions.
- Label Color: Select the color for the sessions' label on the device's schedule.
- Livestream Security Settings: You may restrict access to the live stream by enabling one or more of the following security settings.
- Password or Authentication Restriction: Add a simple password or request a login through the Video Platform to access the stream.
- IP Range and Address Restriction: Enter an IP address. Only those with the same IP address will be able to access the stream.
- Location Restriction: Set a country and a region. Only those within the region will be able to access the stream.
- Domain Restriction: Enter a valid domain. Only those with the domain link will be able to access the stream.
- Send Copy of Schedule: Select additional users to copy this session to their personal calendars.
- Once done, click the Add to Schedule button to save the session to the schedule.
Live auto-captions, if enabled, will appear one minute after the live stream begins.
Obtaining the Link to the Live Stream
After scheduling a Live Stream, Administrators can obtain the direct link to the Live Stream from the same Devices page.
- From the Device Scheduler, click on any of the Hardware Hub's name to expand the list of all the available tools.
- Select the calendar icon to open the Hardware Hub's schedule.
- Find and click on the even tile on the calendar.
- Copy down the direct link to the Live Stream.
If an Administrator schedules a series of Live Streams, the Session URL will remain the same and automatically direct to the next live event.
Viewing a Live Stream
While watching the Live Stream, Viewers can play and pause the stream at any moment.