With the Video Platform, Administrators can remotely schedule an impromptu or recurring live stream session for a Hardware Hub right from the Admin Panel's Devices page.
Scheduling a Live Stream on the Hardware Hub
The process for scheduling Live Stream sessions is simple for any Hardware Hub.
- Log into the Video Platform as an Administrator. Click on the Main Menu icon and select Admin Panel.
- Navigate to the Devices tab.
- Within the Devices tab in Admin Panel, click on any device name to reveal all the available tools for the Device Scheduler and select the Schedule Session button.
- Fill out all the information for the meeting.
- Preview Title: Title of the session.
- Description: Description of the session.
- Session Owner: The user's name whom this session belongs to.
- Save Location: The folder to save the recording for the Session Owner.
- Publish Location: The Course Channel to publish the recording to.
- Notify Class When Complete: Check to notify users within the course once the recording is published.
- Disable Auto Captioning: Check to disable auto-captioning for the session.
- Date and Start Time: Select the date and time for the session.
- Length: The length of the session.
- Enable Live Stream: Select Yes to enable Live Streaming for the scheduled session.
- Live 24/7: If Live Streaming is enabled, Administrators can select Yes to create a 24/7 Live Stream. Note that 24/7 Live Stream sessions will not be recorded.
- Repeat: Choose whether you would like this to be a recurring session.
- Repeat Detail: Enter the frequency of the recurring sessions.
- Label Color: Select the color for the sessions' label on the device's schedule.
- Send Copy of Schedule: Select additional users to copy this session to their personal calendars.
Obtaining the Link to the Live Stream
After scheduling a Live Stream, Administrators can obtain the direct link to the Live Stream from the same Devices page.
- From the Device Scheduler, click on any of the Hardware Hub's name to expand the list of all the available tools.
- Select the calendar icon to open the Hardware Hub's schedule.
- Find and click on the even tile on the calendar.
- Copy down the direct link to the Live Stream.
Viewing a Live Stream
While watching the Live Stream, Viewers can play and pause the stream at any moment.