The Media Channels provide a full-featured Visual Search interface, enabling users to find their desired video content in All Channels, the Shared Folders, and the EnterpriseTube. Fuzzy search capabilities are present so that the search interface will provide more accurate results for user searches. In addition, prefix search allows users to enter only the first few letters of a word. Searches may be limited to a single channel if desired.
Searching the Media Channels
- Navigate to Manage Media at the top of the screen.
- Click in the dropbox next to the Search button.
- Enter the desired search term in the Search window at the upper left.
- Press Enter to start the search.
- The Video Platform's Visual Search also supports the following search features.
- Basic searching by using simple keywords or characters, including alphanumeric, white spaces, or special characters. For example, searching for the keyword "business" and phrase "Hello world!" will return all the media that have "business" or "Hello world!" in the title, description, auto-captions, transcripts, etc.
- Fuzzy search: by given "keyword~". For example, searching "engine~" will yield results containing "engine" or "engineer"
- Prefix search: by any given keyword. For example, searching "te*" will return results of words starting with te like tell or test
- Wildcard searches: given by "keyword?". "?" is used to represent instances of alphanumeric characters. For example, searching "t??t" will return results with words that start and end with "t", like "test" and "text"
- =multimediaType, where multimediaType: file targets all files while mutimediaType: video targets all videos.
- =title, description, tags, owner, or metadata respectively targeting the title, description, tags, owner, or metadata of any file or videos. #keyword is syntax sugar for tags: keyword.
- =transcript or comment targeting the transcripts or in-video comment of videos respectively.
- =ocr or tableOfContent respectively targeting the content displayed in the "Slides" or "Index" tab in video players.
- =caption-<Languages> targeting the caption of the specified language. If <Language> is not present, English is targeted.
- To only search for content in certain folders, use the folder field, like so: folder: "myCourseFolder"
- Likewise to search for content in channels, use the channel field, like so: channel: "MATH 245"
- To search for all content in a specific date range, use the format like so: before:2022-02-01 or after:2022-02-01. The date format should be in YYYY-MM-DD.
Users may opt to specify search terms by entering the category, such as title, owner or description followed by a colon. The search term should then be placed in quotation marks. For instance, users could search for title: “war of 1812”. This will provide more limited and precise results.