What Is a SCORM Package?
A SCORM package is a Shareable Content Object Reference Model and is designed to be effectively shared across various LMS. The package can contain a course or media content. The SCORM package has a completion score associated with it. The score is updated dynamically during viewing.
Skipping backwards does not reduce your score. However, the score only increases once you have passed the farthest point watched in the video. Skipping ahead to later parts of the video does not increase your score by the amount skipped. If a user watches only 70 percent of the video, that is the maximum score available to that user. Note: This download currently only supports SCORM version 1.2
Downloading the SCORM Package
The SCORM package for individual media is accessible through the Media Details pane.
- Navigate to Manage Media at the top of the screen.
- Select the desired media. Choose More… from the menu at the upper right of the thumbnail.
- Click on Downloads. Choose Download SCORM 1.2.
Uploading the SCORM Package on Blackboard
Once the SCORM package is downloaded from the Video Platform, it must be uploaded to the LMS. You will complete this operation within the Blackboard LMS.
- Navigate to Courses and select the desired course.
- Choose Content and click on Build Content.
- Select Content Package (SCORM).
- Choose your SCORM Package by either clicking on Browse My Computer or Browse Course. Press Submit.
- If popups are blocked, choose Launch Course to open the course in a new browser tab.