A SCORM package is a Shareable Content Object Reference Model and is designed to be effectively shared across various LMS. The package can contain a course or media content. The SCORM package has a completion score associated with it. The score is updated dynamically during viewing.
Skipping backwards does not reduce your score. However, the score only increases once you have passed the farthest point watched in the video. Skipping ahead to later parts of the video does not increase your score by the amount skipped. If a user watches only 70 percent of the video, that is the maximum score available to that user. Note: This download currently only supports SCORM version 1.2.
Downloading the SCORM Package
The SCORM package for individual media is accessible through the Media Details menu.
- Navigate to Manage Media the top of the screen.
- Select the desired media. Choose More… from the menu at the upper right of the thumbnail.
- Click on Downloads. Choose Download SCORM 1.2.
Uploading the SCORM Package in Canvas
Once the SCORM package is downloaded from the Video Platform, it must be uploaded to the LMS. You will complete this operation within the Canvas interface.
- Navigate to your course within Canvas.
- On the Canvas course Navigation bar, click on the tool labeled SCORM.
- Click on the blue Upload button and choose the SCORM object saved to your desktop.
- Once uploaded, click on the drop down labeled Choose import type… and select either the option to Import as graded assignment or Import as ungraded assignment.
- Press Go.