The Video Platform enables Content Creators to link Video Quizzes with Canvas Assignments, to properly sync grade results between the two systems. In order to achieve this, a unique Canvas Assignment needs to be linked to a unique Video Quiz created within the Video Platform. The workflow to complete this is summarized below.
Creating the Assignment within Canvas
The first step of the sync is to create a new assignment directly within Canvas from your Course Navigation bar.
- Once the Assignments page is open in Canvas, click on the + Assignment button.
- Add an Assignment name and assign the preferred amount of points intended to be given for the Canvas Assignment.
- Under Submission Type, select the External Tool from the drop-down menu. Then click on the Find button.
- In the popup window to configure the External Tool, select YuJa.
- This will display the YuJa Media Chooser which includes a library containing videos to embed, and a library of videos with quiz questions attached. Select the library labeled Quizzes, specify a open and close date using Publish Options and click Insert Content to insert the Video Quiz into Canvas.
- Then confirm by clicking on the blue Select button under Configure External Tool.
- Specify the preferred Due Date, Available from and Until. Then, select Save & Publish.