As an Organization, administrators and instructors can control whether or not the YuJa LTI appears on the Canvas navigational bar. The below XML customization should only be considered in the case that you want the YuJa LTI link “hidden” by default, giving instructors the option to make it visible at their discretion.
Installing the LTI Tool
The first step in installing a hidden LTI Tool is to install the LTI Tool.
- In Canvas, under the Admin menu, choose Managed Accounts to add the Video Platform integration. Adding the tool to a Managed Account is preferred because it adds the Video Platform to all courses. This means instructors will not have to learn these setup steps. Only an Administrator can choose a Managed Account.
- In the course navigation panel, click Settings.
- From the top row, click the App tab, and then click View App Configurations.
- Click the + App button.
- Under the configuration type, choose Paste XML. Then enter the following information.
Consumer Key: Provided by your Customer Success Manager
Shared Secret: Provided by your Customer Success Manager
- Use the XML by typing in the following string into a new browser window where <your-organization> is your zone prefix.
Changing the XML Code to Hide the LTI Tool
Hiding the LTI Tool requires instructors to make it visible in order to use it.
- Copy all of the contents of the XML code and paste it to a blank Microsoft Word or text file (.TXT).
- At the 50th line of the XML code, delete the line – <lticm:property name = “enabled”>true</lticm:property> and hit Enter on your keyboard to create a new line.
- In the new line, paste the following string, which will hide the YuJa LTI on all course navigational bars by default.<lticm:property name=”default”>disabled</lticm:property>
- Once the above string is added, copy all of the contents and paste them into Canvas along with the Consumer Key and Shared Secret referenced in Section 1 above.
Making the YuJa LTI Available in a Canvas Course
Once the LTI tool is submitted in Section 2 above, the LTI tool is available as a hidden Navigation bar tool within a Canvas course. To make the tool visible, please do the following:
- Access the Canvas course and click on the Settings button on the Navigation bar.
- On the next page, click on Navigation from the course Settings menu.
- From the Navigation configuration, you can “drag” the YuJa LTI tool to the course's sort order of tools. Then click Save.
Optional - Hiding the YuJa Media Chooser from the Canvas Content Editor
The Canvas Content Editor allows Instructors and Students to write, post, and edit content for Discussions, Assignments, Pages, and more. To prevent Instructors and Students from accessing the Media Chooser for their Content Editor, Admins have the option to hide the YuJa Media Chooser from the Canvas Content Editor. To learn how to enable this feature, please follow the steps below.
- Log in to Canvas as an Admin
- Click Admin from the navigation bar, and select your institution.
- Click settings, and then select the App tab from the top row.
- Click View App Configuration.
- Find your YuJa app and click the Gear icon.
- Select Placements from the drop-down menu.
- Ensure that all the settings are unchecked and inactive.
- Click Close to complete the process and hide the YuJa Media Chooser from the Canvas Content Editor.