What Is a SCORM Package?
A SCORM package is a Shareable Content Object Reference Model and is designed to be effectively shared across various LMS'. The package can contain a course or media content. The SCORM package has a completion score associated with it. The score is updated dynamically during viewing.
Skipping backwards does not reduce your score. However, the score only increases once you have passed the farthest point watched in the video. Skipping ahead to later parts of the video does not increase your score by the amount skipped. If a user watches only 70 percent of the video, that is the maximum score available to that user. Currently, the Video Planform downloads supports SCORM version 1.2.
Downloading the SCORM Package
The SCORM package for individual media is accessible through the Media Details pane.
- Log in to the Video Platform and navigate to your Media Collection by clicking Manage Media from the top of the webpage.
- From your Media Collection, hover over a media thumbnail and select More... to open up the Media Details panel.
- Click on Download and choose Download SCORM.
Uploading the SCORM Package on Moodle
Once the SCORM package is downloaded from the Video Platform, it can be uploaded to the LMS. You will complete this operation within the Moodle LMS. Click here for more information on SCORM Packages in Moodle.
- Navigate to My Courses. Select the desired Course.
- Choose Settings.
- Select Turn Editing On.
- Drag and drop the SCORM package under the desired topic.
- Select Add a SCORM Package from the checklist.
- Click on the SCORM package to access it.