This document provides instructions on integrating a YuJa Media Chooser Extension into your Moodle Learning Management System (LMS) using LTI. This extension, called the Moodle Media Chooser, can be installed into your Moodle LMS and is designed to work with Moodle 2.4+.
Integrating the YuJa Media Chooser into Moodle
If you have any questions regarding any steps in this process, please contact your Account Manager. The plugin architecture of the Moodle LMS Extension is provided below.
|Local||(local/yuja)||Allows for LTI configuration and provides LTI integration for the other plugins.|
|Atto||(lib/editor/atto/plugins/yuja)||Allows you to insert YuJa-hosted media using the Atto editor|
|TinyMce||(lib/editor/tinymce/plugins/yuja)||Allows you to insert YuJa-hosted media using the TinyMCE editor|
- You will be provided with one zip titled “YuJa Enterprise Video Platform - LMS Media Extension - Moodle Media Chooser”.zip. Unzip this file.
- For each plugin folder you’ll see an accompanying zip file. Specifically, the zip filed contained are titled “atto_yuja.zip”, “local_yuja.zip” and “tinymce_yuja.zip”.
- Via Site Administration/Plugins/Install Plugins, provide the zip file and, in turn, click Install Plugin From the ZIP File. Starting with “local_yuja.zip” file first, then install the other two.
- Alternatively, instead of using the Install plugin from the ZIP file option, if you have one zip for all the plugins, or wish to perform the installation manually, you can do so by copying the “yuja” folder from each of the below locations into the corresponding folders on your moodle server:
- Moodle 2.4+: From “tinymce_yuja” copy the “yuja” folder to (path/to/your/moodle/lib/editor/tinymce/plugins/)
- Moodle 2.7+: From “atto_yuja” copy the “yuja” folder to (path/to/your/moodle/lib/editor/atto/plugins/)
- From “yuja_local” copy the “yuja” folder to (path/to/your/moodle/local/)
- For the next copy step, please choose the correct one for your Moodle version:
Below are the additional steps to configure the YuJa Media Chooser plugins.
- Local Plugin:
- The Settings dialog for the Local Plugin will be shown immediately after installing it. If not, or to access it later, navigate to Site Administration/Plugins/Local plugins/YuJa Package Config.
- You will be asked to enter your YuJa Access URL, Consumer Key, and Shared Secret. These will have been provided to you by your YuJa Account Manager and are the same details you use to configure an external LTI tool to access the YuJa Enterprise Video Platform.
- Once installed, the Atto plugin requires a little bit of additional configuration.
- Go to http://your.moodle/admin/settings.php?section=editorsettingsatto and add a new line in the Toolbar config text area containing yuja = yuja where you want the button to appear. See http://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Text_editor#Toolbar_settings on how to fine-tune Atto's toolbar to your liking.
- Once the plugin has been installed (see above), the configuration is automatic and no further action should be taken.
Optional - Installing the Media Chooser with Grade Book Sync for Moodle
Content Item Message is a protocol that enables LTI-based tools to pass back authentication information for, among other things, embedded videos. Within Moodle, CIM can be used to embed content using a specified Moodle-defined CIM workflow.
Videos posted to Moodle using the Moodle CIM workflow will be able to track analytics (i.e. the YuJa user watching the video will be known as opposed to the viewer being marked as “Anonymous”).
Note: Currently Moodle does not support CIM-based embedding via text editors, however, the Moodle Development Community has an open ticket to support LTI Content Item through Text Editors in the future (see https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-56229 and https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=354590).
Installing the Media Chooser with Grade Book Sync for Moodle
The CIM Tool must be installed through the Moodle LMS.
- Navigate to Site Administrator/Plugins/Activity Modules/External Tools/Manage Tools.
- Click configure a tool manually. Enter the following fields:
- Tool Name: YuJa Media Chooser with Grade Book Sync.
- Tool URL: https://<your_base_url>/LMSEntry.jsp
- Consumer Key: <your_consumer_key>
- Shared Secret: <your_shared_secret>
- Tool Configuration Usage: Show in activity chooser and as a preconfigured tool.
- Show more…: Select Content-Item Message checkbox
Using the Media Chooser with Grade Book Sync to Add Content to the Course
Once CIM is enabled, you may upload videos using the installed tools.
- Navigate to the desired Course in Moodle, then click the Gear icon in the top right, and choose Turn Editing On.
- Select Add an Activity or Resource under your desired topic. Under the Activities menu, choose YuJa Media Chooser with Grade Book Sync tool then click Add.
- Click Select Content. This will open up the YuJa Media Chooser.
- Scroll down and select a video or search the video or filter the video.
- Click Save and Return to Course or Save and Display. Your video will now be available as an Activity under your topic.