An Administrator can enable automatic imports of Zoom Cloud recordings in the Video Platform for all future Zoom recordings. They can follow this guide for step-by-step instructions to enable or disable, and manage Zoom integration in the Video Platform as an Administrator.
To learn more about how to opt into automatic Zoom imports for Zoom recordings from Zoom to the Video Platform as a Content Creator or User, click here.
Accessing the Zoom Integration Management Menu
Zoom integration is accessible by Administrators through the Admin Panel’s Integrations tab.
Implementing Zoom Integration in the Video Platform
The following instructions will guide an Administrator on how to enable Zoom Integration through the Video Platform Admin Panel.
- Log into Video Platform as an Administrator and navigate to the Zoom Integration Management Menu.
- Select Authorize Zoom Integration to be taken to a Zoom login page to authorize Zoom to Video Platform integration.
- When prompted, log in to the organization's Zoom Owner account.
- Once finished, return to the Integrations menu in the Video Platform, refresh the browser, and access Video Conferencing - Zoom to confirm Zoom integration has been enabled.
Configuring Zoom Integration Settings
After installing Zoom Integration for the Video Platform Zone, Administrators can use the Zoom Integration Settings activity to configure Zoom ingestion behavior.
- Select Enable Zoom Integration to enable Zoom integration for the Video Platform Zone.
- Select Post-process Zoom Recordings to generate transcodes for the video file used by viewers connected to slower networks.
- Select Import Zoom Participants and Polls to import the Zoom meeting participant list and polls into the recording in the Video Platform.
- Select Allow Zoom Date in Video Title Suffix to add the date of the recording to the suffix of the title.
- Enable Import Zoom LTI Pro meetings to Media Channel to allow for automatic uploading of instructor's recordings in their course and make it visible for students.
- Use the Default Zoom Folder Name field to specify the default name of the folder used to store a new Content Creator's Zoom recording.
Managing Individual Users with Zoom Integration
The Manual Enrollment tool allows an Administrator to link Zoom account information to an individual user’s account in Video Platform and manage that linkage. In order for an individual user to upload Zoom content, their Zoom account must be linked to their account on the Video Platform.
- Select Manual Enrollment from the User Provisioning tab.
- Select Enroll User to link a Zoom account to a user in the Video Platform.
- Choose the desired user in the Video Platform and select Yes.
- Select Enable Automatic Zoom Import for the user to allow automatic uploads from Zoom for future Zoom recordings. To enable or disable Automatic Import for all linked users, click on the header titled Automatic Import.
- Select off Enable Auto Caption for the user to allow auto-caption generation for future Zoom recordings. To enable or disable Auto Captions for all future imported Zoom recordings, click on the header titled Enable Auto Caption.
- Click Save to save the changes.
If Enable Auto Caption is selected, YuJa will auto-caption the imported video if Zoom has not provided a captioning file after eight hours.
Enabling Self Enrollment for Authenticated Users
Administrators can specify if authenticated Users are allowed to self-enroll in Zoom integration based on their Video Platform role.
- Select Self Enrollment from the User Provisioning tab.
- Select Enable Self-Enrollment By Authenticated Users and select which roles may enroll by choosing from the following:
- Allow IT Managers to Self Enroll
- Allow Instructors to Self Enroll
- Allow Students to Self Enroll
Using Bulk Enrollment Actions
Bulk Enrollments allows Administrators to enroll authenticated users by uploading a CSV file or by manually syncing enrollment with the Video Platform's authenticated Users.
- Select Bulk Enrollment from the User Provisioning tab.
- Select Upload Zoom User Mapping to upload a CSV file containing the email addresses needed to map a Video Platform account to the appropriate Zoom account.
- Select Perform Manual Sync to enroll all authenticated Users in the Video Platform based on their role in the Zoom integration.
Enabling Automatic Enrollment for Authenticated Users
Administrators can also enable Automatic Enrollment for all authenticated Zoom Users or specific Video Platform accounts.
- Select Automatic Enrollment from the User Provisioning tab.
- Select Enable auto-import and user account provisioning to enable automatic Zoom integration enrollment for all Zoom authenticated Users.
- Select the Video Platform account role for these provisioned accounts using the Role Scope dropdown.
- Select the Provisioning Scope to include all available users or limit it to a specific Video Platform role.
Using Recording Preference Settings
Administrators have the ability to determine which of their institution's streams imported from Zoom are either Primary, Secondary, or Hidden.
- Find the Recording Preference setting by selecting the Import Configuration tab.
- Click on the dropdown menu of Shared Screen View, Active Screen View, Speaker View, and Gallery View to select from the options:
Managing Zoom Meetings
Managing Zoom Meetings enables administrators to search for and find meetings associated with a Zoom Email and a set range of dates. Meetings may then be imported into the Platform to enable access and management through the Platform’s Manage Media capability.
- Find the Manage Meetings setting by selecting the Import Configuration tab.
- In the Zoom Email field, enter a valid Zoom email address.
- In the From field, enter a starting date for the search.
- In the To field, enter an ending date for the search.
- Select Find Meetings.
- Select the cloud icon next to the video to manually upload to import that Zoom meeting into the Video Platform.
Configuring the Zoom Recording Retention Policy
Specify a Retention Period to specify how long to wait after importing the recording to the Video Platform before deleting the Zoom recordings from the Zoom Cloud. Administrators can use this setting to prevent deletion in the Zoom Cloud so the Video Platform can upload any metadata created by zoom including captions.
- Find the Retention Policy settings by selecting the Import Configuration tab.
- Specify the number of days to retain a copy of the Zoom recording in the Zoom cloud after the video is uploaded to the Video Platform using the Retention Period dropdown.
- Select Save to save the changes.
Identifying Failed Zoom Imports
The following instructions will allow an Administrator to identify when a Zoom recording has failed to import to the Content Creator's account and the reason for the failure.
- Log into the Video Platform as an Administrator and navigate to the Admin Panel.
- Access the Notifications tab.
- Click on Advanced Filter to open up additional filter options.
- Under Integrations, select Zoom Import Failed and click Filter.
Troubleshooting Zoom Integration
Zoom is automatically checked for new recordings by the Video Platform every 15 minutes or more depending on overall upload volumes. If Zoom recordings in the Zoom Cloud are not uploading to the Video Platform as expected, it could be because the Zoom Admin account or individual user account has certain settings turned on.
- Turn off Only the host can download cloud recordings in Zoom under Profile >> Account Management >> Account Settings >> Recording.
- Turn off IP Address Access Control in Zoom under Profile >> Account Management >> Account Settings >> Recording.
Uninstalling Zoom Integration in the Video Platform
The following instructions will guide an Administrator on how to uninstall Zoom integration through the Video Platform's Admin Panel.