Organizations that opt for SSO integration rather than LMS integration may upload their user rosters directly to the Video Platform to create user accounts for each user, including Administrators, Content Creators and Users. The newly created users will be linked to the SSO integration used by your organization, so that when the user logs into the Video Platform via SSO for the first time, the account will be present and accessible.
Formatting the .CSV File
There are a total of 6 columns that can be used in the .csv file. Two of the columns are required, the Institution Username and Email, while the rest are optional. Keep the following in mind when constructing the .csv file:
|Institution Username||Required||The username of the account used by the organization|
|Required||The email address associated with the user|
Default value: <institution username>
|The user’s first (given) name|
Default value: “NA”
|The user’s last (family) name|
Default value: “Student”
|The user’s role (job title).
This entry can only be one of three values:
Default value: “Null”
|This is the unique identifier used by the institution when performing dual integration with LTI. Important: If your organization is integrating YuJa with an LMS and/or SSO, this field is required to avoid account duplication. Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager for guidance.|
- Arrange the columns in the .CSV file in the specified order: Institution Username, Email, Firstname, Lastname, Role, Secondary Identifier.
- Leave entries that are not relevant for your use blank. Do not modify or delete any columns.
- Enter the appropriate values in the proper order and structure. There is no need to label columns.
- Save your file as a .csv.
A sample .csv file is available through the Upload Roster interface in the Admin Panel.
Creating the Users
Once you’ve created the required .csv file, you can upload the file to the Video Platform and create the user roster for your institution.
- Navigate to your organization's Video Platform domain.
- Login as an Administrator.
- Go to the Admin Panel from the Main Menu. Select Roster from the left sidebar.
- Click the Upload Roster button.
- Click Choose File, and select your valid .csv file containing the necessary user information.
- Click Next.
- Verify that the information obtained from the .csv is correct, then click Create Users. Depending on how many users are included in the .csv file, the creation process may take a few moments. When all users have been created, a confirmation popup will appear indicating the success of creating the new users.