Public Live Streaming enables organizations to share publicly accessible URLs for live-stream recordings or allow public access to the Live Streaming Event from the EnterpriseTube page. The recording must be automated through the Device Scheduling process or started from the Devices page of the Admin Panel.
Starting an Automated Recording
Organizations may publicly stream any automated recording, either scheduled or started on demand. Visit Device Scheduling for more information on scheduling recordings, or use the instructions below to start an on-demand recording.
- Navigate to the Admin Panel from the Main Menu.
- Select the desired Software Capture application installation or Appliance from the Devices page.
- Click Play in the right-hand column. Enter a title, course, description, and recording time.
- Choose Yes to Enable Live Stream.
- Click Start Session.
- Confirm that the recording has begun in the Status column.
Accessing the Public URL
The Direct Link and Embed Link for Public Live Streaming are accessible once the recording session has begun. You can easily see when the device is recording. Please note that only administrators may access the Admin Panel pages and Public Live Streaming information to share the URL.
Forwarding Event URLs to the Recording
URLs associated with Live Streaming Events can be forwarded to the recording. This allows the same URL to be associated with the recorded Live Streaming Event for improved continuity.
- Navigate to Manage Media. Select the destination chosen for the Live Streaming Event.
- Hover over the desired video and select More...
- Click on Links, then under Allow Live Stream URL to Redirect to This Video, select Enable.
Publishing Events to the EnterpriseTube
Organizations may choose to publish their Live Streaming Events directly to the EnterpriseTube.
- Schedule your Live Streaming Event from the Admin Panel’s Devices tab.
- Choose to Publish your event to the EnterpriseTube.
Events live-streamed to the EnterpriseTube can be accessed by clicking Events from the public EnterpriseTube page.