The ability to lock the User Type enables Administrators to set a role for an individual user that supersedes any role transmitted by an LMS or SSO. Use-cases for Lock User Type could include teaching assistants, graders, or staff that function in both a content creator and user role. Course-level locking is also available.
Using Lock User Type on an Individual Basis
Lock User Type is accessible to Administrators through the Roster.
- Navigate to the Admin Panel from the Main Menu. Then, hover your mouse over the left-side panel to cause it to expand. Select Roster from the list of options.
- Locate the desired username in the Roster.
- Click on the entry in the Lock User Type column.
- Choose the desired setting. Options include:
- Locked: blocks any automated change in User Type and Not Locked.
- Not Locked: allows the LMS or SSO to send a different User Type to the Platform.
Using Course-level User Type Locking
Course-level User Type locking allows you to lock a user’s role within a given course, but not throughout the Platform.