Media Player Themes allow an Organization's Admin to customize the Media Player based on the needs of certain courses, departments, or Organizations. This guide will provide Admins with instructions on how to create and edit a Media Player Theme from the Admin Panel.
Creating a New Media Player Theme
Below are the steps to create a new Media Player Theme through the Admin Panel.
- Log in to the Video Platform as an Admin, then navigate to the Admin Panel.
- Select the Branding tab from the menu, then click Create New in the Media Player Theme Settings.
- Fill out the information, then press Create Theme.
- Theme Name: The name for your Media Player Theme.
- Button Primary: The main color for the buttons on the Playbar.
- Button Secondary: The background color for the Play icon.
- Setting Menu: The background color for the Settings menu when clicking on the Gear icon.
- Setting Text: The text color for all the Settings options when clicking on the Gear icon.
- Playbar: The Playbar color when playing the media in the media player.
- Seek Interval: The number of seconds the Media Player advances when using the Forward or Backward hotkeys.
- Playbar Style: Select between Fixed or Overlay.
- Other configurations will be available once the Media Player Theme is created.
- Once done, select the new Media Player Theme from the Theme Selected drop-down menu, and click the Edit button to access additional options.
- Caption Bar Options: Customize the font, size, or color of the Closed-Caption texts.
- Button Options: Select which buttons will be available on the Playbar.
- Speed Options: Choose which playback speed option will be available for Viewers.
- Click Save to apply the new changes to the Media Player Theme.
Accessing the Media Player Theme
Once the Media Player Theme is created, Content Creators will be able to set which Media Player Theme they would like for their media files.