The Video Platform offers organizations the ability to create a custom Auto-Captioning Dictionary for increased accuracy and improved accessibility for Content Creators and Users. This is ideal for specialized terminology, proper names and terms specific to your professional or educational field.
Editing the Custom Dictionary
The Auto-Captioning Dictionary is available through the Accessibility tab in the Admin Panel. This applies to all media within the organization.
- Navigate to the Admin Panel from the Main Menu and select Accessibility.
- Scroll to Captioning Settings.
- Click Edit Dictionary
- Add words to the Dictionary by clicking and typing the desired word. Click Enter to add the word.
- Select the X next to a word to remove it from the Dictionary.
- Choose Save to save your changes to the Dictionary.
Adding Words to the Dictionary during the Upload Process
Content Creators may add words to the Auto-Captioning Dictionary during media uploads for that media; this does not add terms to the organization's Auto-Captioning Dictionary.
- Choose Upload from Manage Media and select the desired video or simply drag-and-drop a file onto Manage Media.
- Under Add Caption, select Auto-caption and choose the desired language.
- Enter any additional words to improve the quality of the auto-captioning by entering the word in the Auto-captioning Dictionary blank. You may enter as many words as needed.
- Click Save to save your captioning selections.
- Complete your video upload and select Add Media.
Adding Phrases to the Dictionary
When necessary, Users may add entire phrases to the Dictionary. These may be names or other types of phrases.
- Type the desired phrases followed by a comma, for example 'Napoleon Bonaparte,' into a word processor or text editor. Copy the text, including the comma following punctuation. Do not include quotation marks.
- Choose Edit Dictionary.
- Paste the copied text into the dictionary and it will be entered as a phrase.