Within the Video Platform, Channels can be created either through an Organization’s LMS, YuJa LTI-integration, or through the Courses & Groups page by an Administrator. These Channels are accessible to all Administrators and Content Creators, as well as users who are a member of a Course & Group.
Creating a Channel within the Video Platform
In most cases, Channels are created by Content Creators going through the YuJa LTI in each of the Organization's LMS courses; however, an Administrator will also have the option to create a new Channel through the Courses & Groups page.
- As an Administrator, click on the Main Menu option and select Courses & Groups.
- Click on Add Group and fill out the following information, then click Finish Add Group.
- Group Name: The name of your Channel/Group.
- Group Code (Optional): Shortcode for your Channel/Group.
- Section or Term (Optional): The Term of the Channel, or the Section where the Channel belongs.
- Student Publishing to Media Channel: Setting permissions whether to let users publish media files into the Channel/Group or not.
Accessing & Managing Channels
Content Creators and Viewers can access all the published media files in the Channels where they are a part of. For more information on publishing media files to a Channel, please review the document here. Content Creators also have a list of available options to edit their Channels directly from the Channel page.
- Under the Shared section, click All Channels to expand the Channels list where the Content Creators or Viewers are a part of.
- Select the desired Channel to view all the media files within that Channel.
- Content Creators are able to click on the Edit Channels button to make changes to their Channels. Below is the list of available actions.
- View Channel: Switch back to the regular viewing mode.
- New Sub-Channel: Create a Sub-Channel within the selected Channel.
- Upload: Upload a new media file directly to the Channel from the local computer.
- Add Resource: Add a media file or a Sub-Channel from the Content Creators’ YuJa accounts directly to the Channel.
- More Actions: Get Link will allow the Content Creators to obtain the direct link to the Channel, and Select All will highlight all the videos within the Channel.