Accessibility Features in the Media Player
The YuJa Enterprise Video Platform’s Media Player provides a number of options for Viewers to increase accessibility, including customizable Caption Settings, Audio Descriptions, and Keyboard shortcuts.
This document will provide Viewers with instructions on how to access these Accessibility Features.
Accessing Caption Settings
Media files that are uploaded to the Video Platform have the ability to support multiple caption files in different languages. If a media includes more than one caption file, Viewers will be able to select which caption file to display on the Media Player.
- While the media file is being played, Viewers can click on the Gear icon and select Caption Settings.
- After choosing the desired language, click the CC button on the Media Player will display the selected caption file.
Configuring Caption Bar Settings
While watching a media file, Viewers have the option to customize the caption bar and text font as well as the format to however they wish.
- While the media file is being played, click the Gear icon and select Caption Settings.
- Choose Options from the list.
- Viewers will be able to customize the captions bar’s font, size, color, as well as scaling and opacity.
Moving the Caption Bar
The Media Player supports the ability to move the Caption Bar to other parts of the Media Player.
- While the media file is being played, Viewers can click on the Toggle Captions button to allow captions to play.
- Click and drag the Caption Bar to relocate based on viewer preference.
Using Keyboard Shortcuts
The Media Player provides Viewers with an extensive list of Keyboard shortcuts to control the media without using a mouse.