Windows Narrator is a screen-reading app that is built into Windows 10. This document will provide users with instructions on how to enable Windows Narrator and as well as list various simple commands while using Windows Narrator with the Video Platform.
Enabling Windows Narrator on Windows 10
The first step involves enabling the Windows Narrator on Windows 10. Please note that older Windows versions do not support this feature.
- On your keyboard, use the key combination Windows + Ctrl + N.
- Under the Narrator session, switch the toggle to On.
- Windows Narrator can also be quickly turned on/off by using the key combination Windows + Ctrl + Enter.
Using Basic Windows Narrator Commands with the Video Platform
For a full list of all the available commands in Windows Narrator, use Caplocks + F1.
- Use Tab or Shift + Tab to switch between sections of the Video Platform.
- Use Caplocks + Navigation keys to navigate between selectable options of the selected item.
- Use Enter to choose a selectable menu option.
- Use Ctrl + Enter to enter a folder/subfolder, or to Play/Pause a video.