The Video Platform enables Content Creators to link Video Quizzes within the Blackboard Ultra experience to properly sync grade results between the two systems. In order to achieve this, a unique Blackboard Content Item needs to be linked to a unique Video Quiz created within the Video Platform. The workflow below summarizes how to complete the sync process.
Creating the Video Quiz in the Video Platform
The first step of the sync process is to create a Video Quiz on the Video Platform. You can find the steps to complete this here.
Inserting the Video Quiz
The second step of the sync is to create a new Video Quiz within Blackboard under the Course Content page.
- Once logged into the Blackboard course, click on the plus (+) sign in the Course Content page.
- On the Course Content menu, select the Content Market tool.
- Within the Content Market page, find the YuJa Media Chooser.
- This will display the YuJa Media Chooser plugin, where you can select the Video Quiz created in Section 1 above. Click on the Video Quiz you wish to insert into the Course Content area.
- After choosing the quiz you wish to embed, you are able to select Publish Options, which allows you to specify the open and close date of the video quiz.
- Select Insert Content in embed the content into Blackboard.
Taking the Video Quiz
Now that the Video Quiz has been inserted in the Course Content area, grades will automatically sync once the student completes the Video Quiz submission. Below is the workflow for students to complete to ensure grades are properly synced. The steps below are directed toward the student.
- Log into the Blackboard course. Click on the folder within the Course Content area to open the Video Quiz in the sidebar menu of the course.
- Select the Launch button at the bottom of the sidebar menu.
- Open the Video Quiz and submit all responses.
Once the student completes the Video Quiz, their results will automatically synced to the course Gradebook.