The Video Platform enables organizations to upload and manage data about media through the Admin Panel's Metadata tab. Metadata makes media easier to find, and can improve searchability.
Creating a Schema to Manage Metadata
The Manage Metadata option and summary provides the ability to create a fully customized schema for metadata for your organization. Through this interface, you can create a metadata schema, add and delete attributes and review schema parameters.
- Navigate to the Admin Panel from the Main Menu.
- Mouse over the left-side menu. Choose Metadata.
- Review the schema presented in the Manage Metadata pane.
- Click Add Row to add an additional trackable metadata schema.
- Enter a Name. Select the desired Type from the dropdown box.
- Choose whether or not the metadata is Required.
- Click Edit to set specific parameters for individual types of metadata. String allows a default value. List enables multiple elements. Date allows a default value.
- Select Delete to remove a metadata listing.
- Click Save to complete your changes.
Adding Metadata to a Media File during the Upload Process
Metadata may be inputted directly during the file upload process.
- Navigate to Manage Media. Click Upload and select a file, or simply use the one-click drag-and-drop process to begin an upload.
- Click Add Tags.
- Enter the desired information and click Save.
Adding Metadata to a Media File through the Media Details Pane
Metadata for individual media files may be added through the Media Details pane associated with the individual file.
- Navigate to Manage Media.
- Select the desired file. Mouse over the upper right corner and choose More...
- Click on Metadata.
- Enter appropriate values in each field; some may be pre-filled. Depending upon the fields chosen by your organization, they may be different than shown below.
- Click Save in the upper right corner of the pane.
Uploading Copyright Information
Organizations may upload copyright information in PDF format.
- Go to the Admin Panel. Choose Metadata. Select Upload Copyright.
- Navigate to the desired file or drag-and-drop a PDF file into place.
- Enter the file name, and click Upload.
Uploaded and default copyrights can be managed from the Metadata page.
- Click Manage under Manage Copyrights.
- Choose the desired PDF from the dropdown box.
- Select Delete to remove a copyright.
- Choose View to review the copyright PDF.
- Click Select Default to set the PDF to the default for a particular service.
- Select Cancel to exit from the Manage Copyright interface.