The Video Platform enables organizations to upload and manage custom Metadata about media content through the Admin Panel's Metadata tab. Metadata makes media easier to find, and can improve searchability.
Creating a Schema to Manage Metadata
The Manage Metadata option and summary provides the ability to create a fully customized schema for Metadata for your organization. Through this interface, you can create a Metadata schema, add and delete attributes and review schema parameters.
- Navigate to the Admin Panel from the Main Menu and select Metadata.
- Click Add Row to add an additional trackable Metadata schema.
- Enter a Name and select the desired Type from the dropdown box.
- Choose whether or not the metadata is Required.
- Click Edit to set specific parameters for individual types of Metadata. String allows a default value. List enables multiple elements. Date allows a default value.
- Select Delete to remove a Metadata listing.
- Click Save to complete your changes.
Adding Metadata to a Media File during the Upload Process
Metadata may be inputted directly during the file upload process.
- Navigate to Manage Media. Click Upload and select a file, or simply use the one-click drag-and-drop process to begin an upload.
- Click Add Tags.
- Enter the desired information under Schema Tags and click Save.
Adding Metadata to a Media File through the Media Details Panel
Metadata for individual media files may be added through the Media Details panel associated with the individual file.
- Navigate to the video to edit, hover over the video thumbnail and choose More....
- Select Metadata.
- Enter appropriate values in each field - some may be pre-filled. Depending upon the fields chosen by your organization, they may be different than shown.
- Click Save in the upper right corner of the panel.