The Video Platform enables organizations to upload and manage custom Metadata about media content through the Admin Panel's Metadata tab. Metadata makes media easier to find, and can improve searchability.
Creating a Schema to Manage Metadata
The Manage Metadata option and summary provides the ability to create a fully customized schema for Metadata for your organization. Through this interface, you can create a Metadata schema, add and delete attributes and review schema parameters.
- Click on the Main Menu icon located at the top-right corner of your screen. From the list of options, select Admin Panel. Then, hover your mouse over the left-side panel to cause it to expand. From the list of options, select Platform.
- After selecting Platform, you'll notice a series of tabs. Select the one in the middle titled Metadata.
- In the Manage Metadata module, click on Add Row to begin creating a custom Metadata.
- For your Metadata, enter a name, and the Type from the dropdown menu. Users can select from the following Type options:
- String allows for a default value.
- List enables multiple elements.
- Date allows a default value.
Adding Metadata to a Media File during the Upload Process
Metadata may be inputted directly during the file upload process.
Adding Metadata to a Media File through the Media Details Panel
Metadata for individual media files may be added through the Media Details panel associated with the individual file.
- From your Media Library, hover your mouse over your desired video and wait for a series of options to appear. Click on More...
- From the left-side menu, select Metadata.
- Enter appropriate values in each field - some may be pre-filled. Depending upon the fields chosen by your organization, they may be different than shown.
- Click Save Metadata in the upper right corner of the panel.