The Video Platform enables you to configure downloading for self-created content, like your captures as well as uploaded media using tools available in the Media Details panel.
Accessing Download Options
Whether you're downloading a capture recording or uploaded content, you'll access download options in the same way.
- Navigate to Manage Media at the top of the screen.
- Mouse over the desired video and click on More....
- Choose Downloads from the left-side menu.
- You have a number of choices for your download, depending upon the type of media.
- Download Media: download an mp4 copy of your video file.
- Download Original: download the original manually uploaded video file.
- Download Audio-Only Content: download an mp3 audio file of the video.
- Download HLS: download a m3u8 download.
- Download SCORM 1.2: download a SCORM file.
Enabling Downloads for an Individual Video
Administrators and Content Creators can choose to enable user downloads through the Media Details panel so Users can download the video through the Media Player or the Mobile Application.
- Click Enable under Allow Viewers to Download in Media Player to enable downloading from the Media Player.
- Choose Disable under Allow Viewers to Download in Media Player if you would prefer not to enable downloading from the Media Player.
- Choose Enable under Allow Viewers to Download in Mobile Apps to allow Users to download videos through the Mobile App.
- Choose Disable under Allow Viewers to Download in Mobile Apps if you would prefer not to enable User downloading through the Mobile App.
- Click Save Downloads to save your changes.
Enabling Downloads for All Videos in a Media Channel
Content Creators can also choose to enable Media Player or Mobile App for all media published to a Media Channel.