By configuring the Security Settings, Content Creators can choose who and how their shared contents can be accessed outside of the Video Platform.
Configuring the Security Settings for Shared Contents
Security Settings can be set for both folders and media. With Security Settings, Content Creators will be able to set a variety of access restrictions for their content.
- Hover over the content you wish to change the Security Settings for and click More.
- Navigate to the Links tab.
- Click Security Settings.
- Below is the list of available settings Content Creators can configure for their shared contents.
- Private: Make the media private and inaccessible to other users when accessing them via a direct link or the embedded code.
- Public: Make the content public and accessible to other users.
- Once the Security Settings are set to Public, Content Creators can put in Additional Restrictions for their shared content.
- Password or Authentication Restriction: Set a password or require users to login with their SSO credentials to access the shared contents.
- Date Restriction: Set how long the shared contents will be available for.
- IP Range and Address Restriction: Set the specific IP ranges where the shared contents will be accessible.
- Location Restriction: Set the geographic restriction where the shared contents can be accessed.
- Domain Restriction: Set the domains where the shared contents can only accessible from.
- Click Save once done to apply all the changes.
For shared folder, Content Creators will also be able to choose whether to apply the same Security Settings to all contents within the shared folder.