Video Security can be set for individual videos or for folders containing multiple videos. Options include IP/Geo Restriction and Password Restrictions. In addition, public access to the video can be disabled to increase privacy.
Accessing Security Settings
All Video Security settings are accessed from a single interface for each video or folder.
- Navigate to the desired video or folder in Manage Media.
- Mouse over the thumbnail. Choose More... from the menu in the upper right corner.
- Click on Security in the Media Details pane.
- Choose Private to prevent users from viewing the video without logging into the Video Platform, even if they have a Direct Link or Embed Code.
- Select Public to allow users to access video content with a Direct Link or Embed Code.
- Click Save.
Using Network Restriction
Network Restrictions enable you to limit the access of video content to users with a set IP address, or set geographical area.
- Check the Network box.
- Click the circle next to IP Address or Range Restriction.
- Enter individual IP addresses into the box. To enter a range of IP addresses, simply enter the beginning and end of the range, connected by a hyphen, like 10.0.0.0-10.255.255.255. This allows all IP addresses within the range to access the content.
- Click the Right Arrow to permit an IP address. Use the Left Arrow to remove permission from an IP address.
- Click the circle next to Geographic Restriction.
- Choose the Country from the dropdown box. Select the State or Province from the second dropdown box.
- Click Save.
Selecting Password Settings
Password Restrictions allow you to set a password for video access or require an additional portal login. Additional restrictions are not available or needed for video content set to Private.
- Choose Single Password or Portal Authentication.
- Enter a Password for Single Password.