Commenting allows users and Content Creators to interact within media, sharing comments and questions.
Comments appear in the Media Player as pushpins, marking the time stamp associated with a particular comment.
- Play the desired media content.
- Note the dot or pushpin on the slider bar. This marks the presence of a comment. When you reach the comment, it will appear in the lower right. Mousing over the pushpin on the slider bar will pop up the comment.
Adding a Comment to Media
Comments may be added to any media in which the Content Creator has allowed user comments.
- Open the desired media content and begin playing the video.
- Click on the Settings wheel.
- Choose Comment and enter a comment at the desired timestamp in the media.
- Select who can see the Comment and click Create Comment.
Content Creators may respond to Comments using Pre-defined Responses within the Comment box.
Reviewing and Searching Comments
Comments are fully searchable in the Media Player, and users may see all comments in the Sidebar.
- Click on the Sidebar button to open the Sidebar.
- Select Comments to open Comments. Comments will appear in the order they are timestamped in the media.
- Enter a desired search term in the Search box to search for a specific Comment on a particular topic.
Allowing Comments on Media Content
Content Creators may choose to allow or disallow commenting. This is done through the Media Details pane.
- Navigate to the media content in My Media.
- Click on More...in the upper right corner of the thumbnail.
- Choose Comments.
- Select Enable Inline Video Commenting.
- Choose Who Can Comment and Who Can View.
- Review and delete any posted Comments.