The Software Capture for Apple application provides users with the ability to record your iPad's content via the Sidecar feature to extend and mirror the display.
Mirroring Your Mac Desktop with Sidecar
- Connect the iPad directly to your Mac through USB
- Once connected, tap on the Airplay menu bar on your Mac, then choose the option to connect to your iPad.
- To mirror your Mac display so that both screens show the same content, return to the AirPlay menu, which is represented as a blue rectangle for Sidecar. Choose the option to mirror your display. This will mirror the content from your iPad to your Mac's desktop monitor.
Recording Your Display Using the Software Capture Application
The Software Capture for Apple application is used to record over the content being mirrored to your Mac's desktop monitor.
- Log in to the Video Platform and navigate to Create Recording at the top of the screen.
- Select Software Capture and Start.
- Make any necessary recording selections, including video, audio, screen and live streaming.
- Press Start to begin recording over the content being mirrored to your Mac's display.