This document provides instructions on how to complete Course Copy in D2L while keeping YuJa contents embedded in Assignments, Announcements, and Content modules. The steps below are based on the assumption that the succeeding (child) courses have been created in D2L, and will be formatted according to a master template.
- Log in to D2L as a Course Administrator and navigate to the D2L course that will have content copied to it from another course.
- From the Course Navbar, select Course Administration.
- Within the Course Administration menu, select the Import / Export / Copy Components.
- Select the radio button titled Copy Components from another Org Unit, then click on the button labeled Search for offering.
- In the pop-up window, search for the master course template to copy from using the Offering Name, Code or Path. Select the radio icon next to the course and choose Add Selected.
- From the bottom of the screen click Select Components.
- Select the radio button for the course items that should be copied to the course. This could include Content, External Learning Tool Links, Discussions, Assignments, Homepages, Navigation Bars, Announcements, and Quizzes. Select Continue from the button on the page. Ensure that the External Learning Tools Links setting is selected, if not then users will have broken links when conducting link replacements.
- Confirm your selection and click Finish at the bottom of the page.
Prior to utilizing Video Quizzes, Instructors will need to access the Video Platform from the new course. This ensures that students' grades can be accurately captured.
Adding The Course to the Tool Provider Permissions
After completing the course copy, the administrators will need to add this course to the Tool Provider permissions.
- Click on the Gear icon, select External Learning Tools from the list.
- Select Manage Tool Providers and click the arrow next to the domain of your zone to open a dropdown menu. Select Edit tool Provider.
- Under the Security Settings section, select Make Link Available To and click on Add Org Units.
- Search for the newly copied course and click Insert to add course offering.
- Click on Save and Close to save the changes made.