This guide will provide instructions on how to create a Video Quiz as a Content Creator, how to access it as a User, and how to review grades on the Video Quizzes. The first step of the sync process is to create a Video Quiz on the Video Platform. You can find the steps to complete this here.
Inserting the Video Quiz Into D2L
The second step of the sync process is to create a New Assignment item within D2L from Assignments on the top Navbar.
- Log into D2L and navigate to your course homepage.
- Go to Assignments and select New Assignment.
- Add a title for your Assignment, then click the Insert Quicklink (chain icon). This will display the YuJa Media Chooser plugin which includes a library containing videos to embed and a library of Video Quizzes.
- Select the library labeled Quizzes, and choose the Quiz you wish to embed.
- Assign a score for the Quiz, then click Save and Close to publish the assignment.
Taking the Video Quiz
Now that the Video Quiz has been inserted in the D2L Announcement, grades will automatically sync once the student completes the Video Quiz submission. Below is the workflow for students to complete the Video Quiz and make certain scores are properly synced.
- Once the student is logged into the D2L course, they will open the Assignments on the top Navbar. The student will open the Video Quiz, and submit all responses until completion.
- After all responses are completed, they will click on the Submit button and then click Done.
Once the student completes the Video Quiz, their results will be synced automatically to the course's Grade Center.
- Log into D2L and select the Grades tab in the top Navbar.
- The grade associated with the Video Quiz will be posted as shown above.
All grade results from the Video Platform will not transfer to the Final Adjusted Grade in Brightspace. This is the intended behavior within Brightspace. For the Video Platform grades to apply to the Final Adjusted Grade, the course instructor will need to manually to so under the Manage Grades section in Brightspace.