After you have installed the Media Chooser within D2L, Instructors can link Video Quizzes created on the Video Platform directly from D2L’s Content tool.
Creating the Video Quiz in the Video Platform
The first step of the sync process is to create a Video Quiz on the Video Platform. You can find the steps to complete this here.
Inserting the Video Quiz into D2L
The second step of the sync process is to insert your saved Video Quiz within D2L’s Content tool layout along with the other course materials.
- Once logged into D2L, navigate to your course homepage.
- Select the Content tab on your course navbar.
- On the next page, find the Existing Activities dropdown. Video Quizzes are compatible with Existing Activities such as Assignments, Announcements, and Discussions. Pick the activity that you wish to place your Video Quiz into.
- Once the new Activity is open add a Name.
- Select the Insert Stuff button within the D2L Content editor, and find the YuJa Media Chooser.
- Select the desired Video Quiz under the Quizzes column in the Media Chooser.
- Click on the Insert button to embed the Video Quiz and save the Activity.
Taking the Video Quiz
Now that the Video Quiz has been inserted into the activity, grades will automatically sync to the D2L Gradebook once the Student completes the Video Quiz submission. Below is the workflow for students to complete the process. This is written to be shared with students if needed.
- Log into the D2L course and open Activities by clicking on the Content tool in the course navbar.
- Find the activity containing the Video Quiz embedded by the Instructor.
- Open the Video Quiz and submit all responses until complete.
- Click on the Submit button. Then click Done.
Once the Student completes the Video Quiz, their results will be synced automatically to the course's Grade Center in D2L.
- Log into D2L as the Instructor and select the Grades tab from the course navbar.
- The grade associated with the Video Quiz will be posted.
Note: All grade results from the Video Platform will not transfer to the Final Adjusted Grade in Brightspace. This is the intended behavior within Brightspace. For the Video Platform grade to apply to the Final Adjusted Grade, the course instructor will need to manually to so under the Manage Grades section in Brightspace.