This guide will provide detailed instructions on how to create Breakout Rooms for small group collaboration and utilize other Video Conference tools within a Breakout Room session.
Create a Breakout Room Session
The first step will be creating a Breakout Room session. This action can only be done by the Owner of the Video Conference.
- During the Video Conference, click Tools from the Navigation Menu and choose Breakout.
- Create the desired number of Breakout Rooms.
- Use the Assign Manually option to assign other users to any desired rooms. With the Assign Automatically option, all users will be randomly placed into Breakout Rooms. The session Owner, however, will have the ability to re-assign them right from the Setup Breakout Room menu.
- Click Start Breakout Rooms to transfer users into their assigned Breakout Rooms.
The session Owner will have the ability to freely join any other rooms or move users around right from the Ongoing Breakout Rooms menu.
Collaboration Tools within a Breakout Room
In a Breakout Room, users will be able to communicate and collaborate with each other through various tools that the Video Conference offers.
- Use the Chat feature within a Breakout Room to communicate or exchange information.
- Upload a Document for review, or use the Whiteboard to express ideas and share thoughts.
- Use Screenshare from within the Breakout Rooms to share desktop content.
- Click on Switch Room option to return to the Main Room.