In some cases, individuals and organizations will receive the “Message: Error Has Occurred with Screenshare. Attempting to Restart” error when using Software Capture. This error could occur when the user is not running Software Capture as a Local Admin or the encoder binaries are not set to run as Local Admin.
Running as a Local Admin
The following steps will allow you to run the Software Capture as a local admin.
- Go to your PC’s Search Bar. Choose My Computer or This PC, depending upon your system settings.
- Open your local disk, typically C:.
- Open Program Files (x86).
- Scroll down and open the YuJa folder.
- Open the YuJa Software Station.
- Double click on the Libs folder in the YuJa Software Station folder.
- Open the Media Encoder folder.
- Double click on the 64 folder.
- Right click on the YuJa Screen Encoder. Select Properties.
- Choose the Compatibility tab in the pop up pane.
- Check the box option for Run this program as an administrator. Click Apply.