Users can upload files by using Manage Media. Uploaded files may be auto-captioned and accessed in the same way as a file created using the Software Capture application or the Hardware Hub.
Uploading Media Files Using Drag-and-Drop
One-click drag-and-drop uploads enable quick access and uploading of a variety of media types.
- Choose Manage Media at the top of the screen.
- Drag and drop one file or many files into the Video Platform from your desktop or file browser to begin uploading files automatically.
Uploading Through the Add Media Dialog
The Upload interface provides a simple way to upload one or more media files, customize video captioning, and select where your media is published, all in one step.
- Click Manage Media, located at the top of the screen, and then click UPLOAD.
- In the space provided next to Add Tags, you can add tags to your media files.
- Next, you may take the following Actions for your files: Add Schema tags, Publish, and Manage Captions.
- Once you have added your desired Tags and Actions, select from a variety of file types, including video files, audio files, documents, YouTube videos, Vimeo videos, web links, and VR videos.
- Click Browse to select and upload your files.
The Uploading user interface offers the ability to monitor uploads while navigating between different Platform pages. The media will auto-queue for multiple uploads, and previews of the media files can be seen in My Media.
- Click the Hide Progress icon, represented by the eye, to hide completed uploads.
- Click the Cancel icon, represented by a trash can, to stop an individual media file upload.
- An Error message will be given for unsupported file types and will include a suggestion for the correct file type to upload.
- Select the arrow in the upper right to minimize the window and dock it on the corner of your screen.
Formats Supported Include: wmv, .asf, .flv, .f4v, .f4a, .avi, .mp3, .mpg, .mpeg, .mps, .ps, .mp2, .m2v, .m2a,.ts, .tsv, .tsa, .mts, .mkv, .m2ts, .tod, .mp4, .m4a, .m4v, .3gp, .mov, .mts (AVCHD), Flash video, .webm, .mxf, .dv., .docx, .pdf., .srt, .vtt, .txt, .csv, .xlsx, .pptx, .psd.