The Video Platform’s Quizzes offer a way to assess learning, encourage interaction and to measure understanding of video content. Content Creators can make video quizzes using any uploaded video content in their Media Collection.
Accessing the Video Quiz Management Tools
The Video Quiz Management Tools menu is accessible through the Media Details panel. Content Creators can create a brand new Video Quiz and Manage, Edit, Share and Delete existing Video Quizzes.
- Log in to your Video Platform account and navigate to your My Media Collection by selecting Manage Media from the top of the screen.
- Locate the video you would like to make a video quiz for and hover over, then select More….
- Select Quizzes from the left hand side of the Media Details panel to access the Video Quiz Management Tools menu.
Creating a Video Quiz
Video Quizzes can be made from any Lecture Capture recording created using YuJa Software Capture, Video Conference recording or YouTube video.
- From the Video Quiz Management Tool menu, select Create Quiz to create a new Video Quiz in the Video Quiz Editor.
- Enter a Title for your video quiz at the top of the screen.
- Play the video and click Add Question from the bottom of the window to add a question at that point of the video. Select from 6 question types including Multiple Choice, Select Multiple, Short Answer, True or False, Reflective Pause and Decision Point. To learn more about Video Quiz Question Types, click here.
- Fill out the Question using varied formatting and any desired answer Options. You need at least two answer Options but can Add Option for more Options if desired. Mark correct answers by clicking the checkbox next to the response. Add a Hint for Students if desired.
- Enter the desired number of points associated with the question on the right side of the Add Question pane. The number defaults to one. You'll also see the total number of points associated with the Video Quiz listed as Current Total. Save the question and press Play to continue.
- Select Settings to customize the user experience and Gradebook options. To learn more about Video Quiz Settings, click here.
- After you finish building your Video Quiz, you can choose to Preview it, Discard it, Save it as a draft or Post it to a Media Channel to share it with Students.
Did you know? If you wish to embed the quiz directly in the LMS, simply select Save. If you wish for your students to take the quiz in the Video Platform, you will select the Post option.
Using the Video Platform Gradebook
The Gradebook allows Instructors to review Student scores on Video Platform Video Quizzes. The Gradebook is automatically updated with all created Video Quizzes once they have closed. Instructors and Administrators have access to scores, results and other information in the Gradebook.
- To open the Video Platform Gradebook, click the Main Menu icon on the top right corner of the page, select Admin Panel then Gradebook.
- Select the Media Channel that the Video Quiz is published to, then select the Video Quiz before selecting Get Results.
- The Gradebook provides reports that show results by Breakdown by Questions, Student Results and Detailed Breakdown.
- To grade a Short Answer question select Grade Now at the bottom of the page. Under the Student drop-down select a student to grade, specify if their response is Correct or Incorrect, then click Save to finalize their Video Quiz score.