This guide will provide users with instructions on how to select a media file within the Media Channel and integrate questions directly into the video. This will also show users how to post and distribute the Video Quiz within the Video Platform.
Create a New Video Quiz within the Platform
The first step in this guide will show users how to create a new Video Quiz from a media file within the Media Channel.
- Hover over the desired media in My Media, then click on More.
- Under the Quizzes tab, click on Create Quiz.
- While watching the video, users can click Add Question and choose what type of question they want to add at any point in the video.
Type of Available Questions:
Multiple Choice Question: Let user pick one correct out of all the available answers.
True or False Question: Let user pick true or false in response to a statement question.
Select Multiple Question: Let user pick multiple correct answers out of the available ones.
Short Answer Question: Let user type in a short paragraph answer.
Reflective Pause: Provides time for thought or reflection.
- Next, choose the desired Settings for the quiz, then click Save.
Provide Answer Right Away: Lets user check if their answer is correct.
Disable Fast Forwarding: Requires user to answer the question first before continue with the video.
- Click Preview to preview your Video Quiz.
- Once done, type in a name for the Video Quiz and click on Post to publish your quiz to an applicable course or group. If you are not ready to publish your Video Quiz, you may opt to Save the Video Quiz. You can also Discard the Video Quiz if desired.
Note: If you wish for your students to take the quiz in YuJa, you will select the Post option. If you wish to embed the quiz directly in the LMS, simply select Save.
Access and Share Saved Video Quizzes within the Video Platform
After creating a new Video Quiz, Administrators and Content Creators will be able to access and choose how to share their saved Video Quiz within the Video Platform.
- Hover over a video that you created a Video Quiz for, then click on More.
- Under the Quizzes tab, users will be able to see all the Video Quizzes that they created for that video and the available options for each Video Quiz.
Edit: Makes change to the current Video Quiz.
Delete: Removes the current Video Quiz.
Publish: Makes the quiz available to the applicable Channel.
Distribute and Share Video Quizzes within a LMS
Within their LMS, Administrators and Content Creators can embed and share a Video Quizzes for an applicable course by using the YuJa Media Chooser.
- Navigate to the Video Platform Media Chooser within your LMS and select the Quiz tab.
- Choose the Video Quiz you would like to embed. The Video Quiz will be available to all users in the course.