Accommodated Groups allows Administrators to automatically link private Group Sets in Canvas to private Sub-Channels in YuJa. These Sub-Channels are useful for establishing private course contents only available for select user groups.
Setting Up the Canvas Group Set API
The instructions below summarize how to create a new Developer Key as a Canvas Administrator, that will be used to send private Group Set information from Canvas.
- Log into Canvas as an Admin.
- Navigate to the Admin tab and choose Developer Keys. Click the + Developer Keys button and select + API Key.
- Under Key Settings, add the below information.
- Key Name: YuJa
- Owner Email: Canvas Administrator Email
- Redirect URLs: https://YOURZONE.yuja.com/auth/Canvas
- Select Save.
Note: The remainder of the fields under Key Settings can be left blank.
Retrieving the Canvas Group Set API Key
Once you have created your API Key, this will need to be inserted under your Admin Panel within YuJa.
- Once you save your Key Settings, the new API Key will display on your Developer Keys dashboard in Canvas.
- Under the State column, turn the YuJa key to ON.
- Copy the Key and App ID.
- Log in to YuJa as an Administrator.
- Go to the Admin Panel and select the Integrations menu.
- Find the section labeled API Configuration.
- Insert your organization's LMS URL into the field labeled URL link to your LMS field.
- Insert both the Key and App ID into the applicable fields.
- Select Save.
- Once you have saved both fields, select the button labeled Allow API Access.
Creating Group Sets in Canvas
Once API Access is enabled in the Video Platform, custom Group Sets in Canvas will automatically provision as their own private Sub-Channels in YuJa. All content published to these Sub-Channels is only visible to members of the Canvas Group Set.
- Create your custom Group Sets within the Canvas course shell.
- Once any user enrolled in the Group Set clicks on the YuJa LTI link within Canvas, they will automatically be redirected to their private Sub-Channel in YuJa.