Below are the steps to ensure that all Video Platform recordings are unaffected by Deep Freeze, by establishing a dedicated Thawspace.
Create the Thawspace within Deep Freeze
The first step in the process is to create an established Thawspace within Deep Freeze that will be dedicated to the Software Capture application. Below are the steps to establish this area within Deep Freeze.
- On your desktop, open the Deep Freeze Configuration Administrator.
- With the Administrator open, select the Drives tab to create a new Thawspace.
- Create the new Thawspace under the preferred drive name and size. Then, click the Add button.
Change the Default Folder Path on the Software Capture application
Once the Thawspace is established, you will change the default path for the Software Capture application Cache and Upload folders to the designated Thawspace. This will ensure the YuJa recordings will be protected after reboot of the machine.
- Right-click on the YuJa icon from the system tray and select Settings.
- Select System Settings within the popup window. And click on Run As Admin.
- Login to the YuJa Software Capture application using your IT Manager credentials.
- Click on the Settings button again after login.
- Click on System Settings again within the popup window.
- Change the location of both the Cache and Upload folder to the newly created Thawspace on the machine.