Users can upload files by using Manage Media. Uploaded files may be auto-captioned and accessed in the same way as a file created using the Software Capture application or the Hardware Hub.
Uploading Media Files Using Drag-and-Drop
One-click drag-and-drop uploads enable quick access and uploading of a variety of types of media.
- Choose Manage Media at the top of the screen.
- Drag-and-drop one file or many files into the Video Platform from your Desktop or file browser. The upload will begin automatically.
Uploading through the Add Media Dialog
The Upload interface provides a simple way to upload one or more media files, customizing captioning, and publication options in one step.
- Click on Upload.
- Select from a variety of file types including video files, audio files, documents, YouTube videos, Vimeo videos and VR videos.
- Make selections about Publishing, Managing Captions, and Tags directly from the Add Media interface.
- Once you've uploaded your file, you will see a docked Uploading interface appear in the lower right of your screen.
Only Video and Audio file types can be edited within the YuJa platform.
Adding Words to the Dictionary During the Upload Process
Content Creators may add words to the Auto-Captioning Dictionary during media uploads for that media; this does not add terms to the organization's Auto-Captioning Dictionary.
- Choose Upload from Manage Media and select the desired video or simply drag-and-drop a file onto Manage Media.
- Under Add Caption, select Auto-caption and choose the desired language.
- Enter any additional words to improve the quality of the auto-captioning by entering the word in the Auto-captioning Dictionary blank. You may enter as many words as needed.
- Click Save to save your captioning selections.
- Complete your video upload and select Add Media.
The Uploading user interface offers the ability to monitor uploads while navigating between different Platform pages. The media will auto-queue for multiple uploads.
- Drag-and-drop files to upload additional media.
- Click the Cancel icon, represented by a trash can, to stop an individual media file upload.
- Select the arrow in the upper right to minimize the window and dock it on the corner of your screen.
Previewing Video Files During the Upload Process
Content Creators can preview video uploads (.mp4, .m4v, .mov, .webm) while the videos are processing in their Media Library.
- After a video has been uploaded, hover over the Uploading video thumbnail and select Play.
- The video will play in the Media Player.
Formats Supported Include: wmv, .asf, .flv, .f4v, .f4a, .avi, .mp3, .mpg, .mpeg, .mps, .ps, .mp2, .m2v, .m2a,.ts, .tsv, .tsa, .mts, .m2ts, .tod, .mp4, .m4a, .m4v, .3gp, .mov, .mts (AVCHD), Flash video, .webm, .mxf, .dv., .docx, .pdf., .srt, .vtt, .txt, .csv, .xlsx, .pptx, .psd.