Instructors can create and apply alt text to images within their Canvas course by either selecting to apply the alt text to all instances of the image or only to instances without a description.
Adding Alt Text to Images
- Log in to Canvas and navigate to your course.
- Select Files from the left-side course navigation menu.
- Locate the image for which you'd like to apply alt text and select the Alt icon.
- Add your alt text in the text box provided.
- Next, select one of the following options:
- All instances of this image: All instances of the image within your course will have the new alt text applied, overwriting any existing text.
- All instances of this image without an alternative description: Only instances of the image without alt text in your course will have the new text applied.
- Click Save to apply your alt text.