When Pearson MyLab is integrated into the Canvas environment, YuJa Verity provides instructors the option to proctor assessments using the Lockdown App. To learn how to enable the Lockdown App for Pearson MyLab assessments, please follow the steps below.
Creating a Lockdown App Assessment
Before proceeding with the steps below, please ensure you have created an assessment in Pearson MyLab.
- Log in to Canvas and navigate to the Assignments section for your desired course.
- Click + Assignment.
- From the Submission Type drop-down menu, select External Tool.
- Click Find.
- Select the third-party application.
- Select the desired assessment and click Add link.
- Click Select.
- Next, click Save.
- On the next page, click Edit Assignment Settings.
- In the Submission Type panel, copy External Tool URL.
- Next, toggle on YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring and click Edit.
- In the Third-party assessment URL field, paste the link copied in Step 11.
- In the Third-party assessment password field, enter a password of your choice. Note: The password will automatically be entered for students accessing the third-party assessment.
- Under Proctoring Mode, select Lockdown App.
- Next, under Proctor Settings, select which of the following features you would like enabled. For a complete list of Proctor Settings, please visit our guide on the YuJa Verity Proctor Settings.
- Next, if necessary, you can allow individual students to access the quiz without Verity. These students will NOT be monitored when taking the quiz. To learn how to use this feature, please visit our support guide on Creating an Exempted Student List.
- Once all desired settings have been chosen, you have the option to save them for future use by checking Save these new proctoring settings as a new profile.
- Check I understand, I will not be able to change settings once the exam has started and click Save.
- Finally, click Save & Publish if you wish for students to access the quiz or Save if you wish to publish it at a later date.