The Software Capture application allows instructors to have students record their environment when taking online exams. Exam Proctoring can be enabled on the Video Platform for desired courses, and assigned proctors can review recordings directly from their My Media library. To learn more about these features, please follow the relevant section below to help you get started.
Downloading the Software Capture Application
To download the Software Capture application through the Video Platform, please follow our guide on Downloading the Software Capture Application.
- Important: Effective November 6, 2023, the Video Platform will discontinue its support for downloading the Software Capture application for Exam Proctoring. To obtain the download link, please contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
Enabling Proctoring in a Course Channel
Instructors will need to enable proctoring on a per-course basis to allow students to access their exams. To learn how to enable proctoring for courses, please follow the steps below. Note: Before proceeding with the steps below, please ensure you have created a course within the Video Platform.
- Log in to the Video Platform and navigate to Courses & Groups from the Main Menu.
- Select a desired course from the list of Active Courses.
- Click Edit.
- Locate Enable Proctoring and select Yes.
- From the Send proctor sessions to drop-down menu, select the user that will receive all proctor recordings for the course.
- Click Save. All users enrolled in the course will now have access to Exam Proctoring.
Uploading Terms and Conditions for Exam Proctoring
Admins can add Terms and Conditions that students must accept before taking their online proctored exam.
- Log in to the Video Platform and select the Admin Panel from the Main Menu.
- Select the Branding tab from the left-side navigation menu.
- Locate Exam Proctoring Terms and Conditions File, and click Choose File.
- Select and open your Terms and Conditions file.
- Scroll down and click Save to complete the process.
Launching Software Capture for Exam Proctoring
Students will be required to use the Software Capture application for their online proctoring sessions. The proctoring session will require students to have access to a reliable internet connection and webcam. Before proceeding with the steps below, please ensure you have downloaded the Software Capture application.
- Log in to the Video Platform.
- Select Create Recording, located in the top navigation bar.
- In the Create Recording panel, select Start an Exam Proctoring Session from the first drop-down menu.
- From the second drop-down menu, select the course the exam is for.
- Click START PROCTORING.
- Your institution may require you to agree to an Exam Proctoring Agreement. Carefully read the agreement and click I Agree to continue.
- Click Open YuJa Software Capture.
Setting Up Your Proctoring Environment
Before proceeding with the steps below, please ensure you are ready to begin your exam.
- Once the Software Capture application opens, it will automatically detect your default webcam and microphone. To change your webcam or microphone, click VIDEO or AUDIO and use the drop-down menu to select your preferred device.
- Next, click PHOTO ID.
- Hold up your government or institution-issued ID card to your webcam and click TAKE PICTURE.
- Using your web browser, navigate to the location of your exam and ensure it is visible in the Software Capture screen recording.
- Before beginning your exam, click START on the Software Capture application. You can now begin your exam. Good luck!
Ending Your Exam Proctoring Session
Follow the steps below once you've submitted your exam and are ready to end your proctoring session.
- Locate the Software Capture Recording Bar at the bottom right of your screen and click the Finnish button.
- You will be asked to confirm if you'd like to end the proctor session. Click Yes to end the session.
- The Software Capture application will upload the recording to the Video Platform. Once the upload is complete, click the Close button. You will receive a confirmation email stating your recording has been uploaded.
Accessing Proctored Exams
As students complete their proctored exams, assigned proctors can review recordings from their My Media Library.
- Log in to the Video Platform and select Manage Media from the top navigation bar.
- Under your PERSONAL media content, select My Media.
- Select the Proctor Sessions folder to view exam recordings for courses assigned to you.
- Note: the Proctor Sessions folder will automatically appear once a student has completed an exam proctoring session.