Institutions may require proctored assessments for individuals not enrolled in the institution’s LMS (example: an entrance examination or placement test to the institution). For these cases, instructors have the option to create standalone proctored assessments that can be sent via email. These assessments are secured with a personalized password and require users to utilize the Lockdown App or Verity Browser Extension to create a secure testing environment.
Creating a Standalone Assessment
Before proceeding with the steps below, please ensure you have created an assessment using a third-party tool. The link to the assessment will be required when inviting users to the Standalone Assessment.
- Log in to your LMS as an instructor and select the Verity link located within your desired course. If you cannot find the Verity link, please contact your admin.
- From the left-side navigation menu, select Assessments
- Click Add Standalone Assessment.
- Fill out the Assessment Details as listed below:
- Assessment Name: The title of your assessment.
- Due Date: The date the assessment must be submitted.
- Additional Instructions: Add any additional instructions that students will receive in their email.
- Click Next.
- To add students to the assessment, click Add Student and fill out the student's Email, First Name, and Last Name.
- Click Save. Repeat step 6 to add any additional students.
- Click Next when all students have been added.
- In the Create Instructions section, add an introductory message and provide the link to the assessments.
- Tip: You can use the template provided and click Preview to view how the instructions will appear to students.
- Once completed, click Next.
- In the final step, Proctor Settings, adjust proctor settings to your liking. For detailed instructions on proctor settings, you can review the relevant guide for your LMS: Blackboard Ultra, Blackboard SaaS, Canvas, D2L Brightspace, and Moodle.
- Once you're ready to send the invitation to the assessment, click Create and Invite. A link to the assessment will be sent to students via their email.