The Video Platform allows admins to automatically update the names of their SSO-integrated groups on the Video Platform when names are updated in their SSO integration. To learn how to enable this feature, please follow the steps below.
Automatically updating Group Names
Before proceeding with the steps below, please ensure you have integrated your institution's Single Sign-On with Groups through Group Provisioning.
- In your ADFS console, select your institution and then select the list of users.
- From the right-side menu, click New and select Group.
- In the Group name field, enter an ID of your choice, followed by a delimiter of your choice, and then a group name. Please note: the delimiter you provide here should match the delimiter you provided for your institution's Group Provisioning.
- Group ID: 2363
- Delimiter: @
- Group Name: Chemistry
- Example: 2363@Chemistry
- The Group (SamAccountName) name field will auto-fill with the same information provided in the Group name field.
- Click OK to complete the process. The group name will now auto-update on the Video Platform whenever the name is changed on the SSO integration. You may repeat these steps for any additional groups you wish to add.