A malformed document is a document that has structural or formatting errors or is corrupted or incorrectly encoded. In some cases, malformed documents may be recovered within the application used to create the document by using its built-in repair capabilities.
The Document Is Malformed
If the Document Is Completely Malformed:
There are two methods to resolve this issue.
Option 1: Repair Installation
Option 2: Restore Previous Versions
If the Document Is Only Partially Malformed:
- With your file open, press Ctrl + A (Command + A on Mac) to select all text.
- Right-click on your selected text, and click Export Selection As.
- Select docx and save the file.
- When prompted to launch the PDF file, click No.
- Click Menu at the top of the screen and select Create > PDF from file.
- Locate and open the newly created docx file.
If the Document Is Unusable:
In this case, the only method for retrieving the document is through data recovery. If you have not created a backup of the file, you must recreate the document from scratch and reupload it to Panorama.