Engage offers creators the option to create and publicly share Surveys through their institution's Engage platform or QR codes. Surveys are non-graded questions that do not have a correct answer to select and are useful for collecting the opinions and thoughts of participants.
Creating a Survey
- Log in to your YuJa Engage Account.
From the left-side navigation menu, click on the Create drop-down menu, and select Create Survey.
- Add a title to your survey.
- Next, select the question drop-down menu next to Question 1 to choose the type of question you'd like to create.
- Multiple Choice: Provide a single correct answer from a list of possible responses.
- Short Answer: Participants can answer in a text box.
- True or False: Ask a simple two-option question.
- Fill in the Blank: Omit one or more words in a statement so users may select an answer to fill in the inserted blanks.
- Clickable Image: Select regions on an image as possible answers.
- Word Cloud: Answers will be visually displayed for everyone to see. When multiple participants provide the same answer, it will appear larger in the Word Cloud.
- Fill out the details for the question, including a title for the question, responses, and the correct option(s). For a complete overview of the question types, please visit our guide on Understanding YuJa Engage Question Types.
- You can upload an image or video (MP4 file) for your question by clicking Choose Media and selecting an image from your device.
- When adding an image, the Alt text field provides the option to add descriptive information. This ensures that people using screen readers can fully understand your content.
- To add more questions to your survey, click Add Question, located in the Question Dashboard, and repeat steps 4-7. Optional: After adding your questions, you can create a Question Bank to store questions for future use.
- Once you're satisfied with your questions, click Save & Close. You may then continue editing your draft at a later date or activate your survey from the Home dashboard.