YuJa Verity provides strict proctor settings to ensure the integrity of third-party assessment tools. This guide will provide instructions on how instructors/teaching assistants can use YuJa Verity to create a proctored environment for students during third-party assessments.
Applying Proctor Settings for a Third-Party Assessment
Before proceeding with the steps below, please ensure that you've created an assessment using a third-party tool.
- Log in to your Learning Management System (i.e. Blackboard, Canvas, D2L Brightspace, or Moodle), and navigate to the Verity LTI link.
- If this is your first time using YuJa Verity, on the User Introduction page, follow the first 3 steps to install the Verity extension and authenticate yourself.
- Click the Assessments tab from the left-side navigation menu.
- In the Add Third-Party Assessment panel, enter a name for the assessment and the URL provided by the third-party assessment tool.
- Click Submit.
- The third-party assessment will be added to the YuJa Verity Assessment table. Locate the assessment, click the Action icon, and select Edit Assessment Settings.
- Toggle ON Enable YuJa Verity for Test Proctoring.
- In the Third-Party Assessment panel, add a password for your assessment.
- Under the Proctor Settings, select which of the following features you would like enabled.
- Record Video: Record the student's test environment through their webcam.
- Record Audio: Record the student's audio through their connected microphone.
- Record Web Traffic: Record the sites and URLs visited during the test.
- Only One Screen: Students can only have one monitor connected.
- Disable New Tab: Students will be unable to open tabs once the test has started.
- Close Open Tabs: Students must close all tabs before beginning the test.
- Disabled Clipboard: Students won't be able to take screenshots or save them to the clipboard.
- Stop Session Recording: Students will be able to access the Stop Session Recording option from the Verity recording panel during a quiz.
- ID Verification: Students must show their ID to the web camera. This will be recorded and can be viewed by those reviewing the quiz.
- Live Proctoring: Allow instructors and proctors to monitor students through a live feed.
- Next, if necessary, you can allow individual students to access the quiz without Verity. These students will NOT be monitored when taking the quiz. To learn how to use this feature, please visit our support guide on Creating an Exempted Student List.
- If Disable New Tab or Close Open Tab were selected from the proctor Settings, you can list URLs for students to access specific websites. Check Would you like to include URL links that students can open in a separate tab during a quiz?
- Then, paste a URL into the text field provided and click Add.
- Once all desired settings have been chosen, you have the option to save them for future use by checking Save these new proctoring settings as a new profile.
- Finally, check I understand, I will not be able to change settings once the assessment has started and click Save. Your third-party assessment will now be ready for students to access from the Verity LTI link.