Instructors can use YuJa Verity to establish a secure, proctored environment for assessments created in third-party assessment tools, such as Pearson.
Applying Proctor Settings for a Third-Party Assessment
Before proceeding with the steps below, please ensure that you've created an assessment using a third-party tool
- Log in to your Learning Management System (i.e. Blackboard, Canvas, D2L Brightspace, or Moodle), and navigate to the Verity LTI app. Important: Please ensure you have authenticated yourself on the Verity LTI app.
- Within the Automated Proctoring page, select the Automated Assessments tab.
- Click Add Third-Party Assessment.
- Enter a name for the assessment and the URL provided by the third-party assessment tool.
- Click Submit.
- You'll be redirected to the Edit Assessment Options. Within Third-Party Assessment, add a password.
- Select the Proctoring Mode you wish to enable.
- Automated Proctoring: Offers essential proctoring features through the Verity browser extension within compatible browsers. This mode may also be used within the Lockdown App.
- Lockdown App: Offers additional security features that can be applied to safeguard the integrity of quizzes.
- Next, under Quiz Restrictions, select which restrictions you would like enabled. For more information on Quiz Restrictions, please reference our guide on YuJa Verity's Quiz Restrictions.
- Next, if necessary, you can allow individual students to access the quiz without Verity. These students will NOT be monitored when taking the quiz. To learn how to use this feature, please visit our support guide on Creating an Exempted Student List.
- Finally, click Apply to allow students to access the assessment. Once assessments are completed, you can review them by accessing the Verity Results table. Tip: You can create a Verity profile to save your proctor settings. For more information, please visit our guide on Creating a Custom Assessment Profile.