Transcodes are automatically generated for all videos uploaded to the Video Platform to provide different resolutions of videos for users. Administrators can manage the current qualities of videos and the qualities that can be generated for the video through the Media Details panel to reduce storage usage. To learn more about how administrators can configure Custom Video Qualities at the institutional level, click here.
- Log in to the Video Platform and select Manage Media from the top of the screen.
- Hover over the video that requires management and select More... to open the Media Details panel.
- Select More Options and then click Transcodes from the left-side navigation menu.
- Under the Media Bandwidth Optimization drop-down menu, select how the video should be optimized for bandwidth. Selecting a lower bandwidth will save storage space.
- To generate a custom video quality, select the checkboxes under the Action column for your preferred resolutions. To delete a custom video quality, de-select the desired checkboxes under the Action column.
- Once you're satisfied with your settings, click Save Transcodes.
Note: In most cases, adjusting your bandwidth will have almost no effect on the quality of your video.