Administrators have the ability to add a custom parameter in Canvas to provision the Term field in a Course Channel on the Video Platform.
Adding a Custom Parameter in Canvas
- Log into Canvas as an Admin.
- Navigate to the Admin tab and to locate YuJa in the Accounts I Manage section.
- Select Settings from the menu and navigate to the Apps tab.
- Click View App Configurations.
- Locate YuJa in the list of External Apps, and select Edit on the placement settings icon.
- Under Custom Fields, paste the following:
Note: If you also want the optional SIS ID, you can paste in the following: context_sis_id=$Canvas.course.sisSource
Configuring the Course Format Setting in the Video Platform
- Log into the Video Platform, and navigate to the Admin Panel.
- Access the Platform tab and locate the Course Settings.
- The Term curly can be included in the preferred order (before course title, after, in the middle, etc..).
- Create a new course in Canvas and add YuJa as a visible LTI item.
- Access the new course to verify and confirm that the Term information in Canvas is included in the channel name.