With Himalayas for Archiving & Compliance, organizations can archive Video Platform content into Himalayas that can be recovered from the archive by an administrator at the request of a Content Creator. Administrators can archive content using Data Management tools driven by custom archiving policies via Manual Mode or automatically archive content via Smart Mode, then manage the archived content through Himalayas. All archived content retains its closed captions, tags, metadata schema, Video Quizzes, analytics data, and linked documents.
Navigating to Data Management to Archive Content
Archiving is done through the Data Management tool available to administrators in the Admin Panel.
Manual Mode Archiving in Himalayas Using Data Management
In Manual Mode, administrator can use default or custom policies to locate archivable content and review storage metrics before sending qualifying content into Himalayas for archiving.
- Use the Selected Policy drop-down to select the policy you would like to use or edit.
- You can edit your policy by selecting Edit Selected Policy or create a brand new one by clicking Create New Policy.
- Click Run Policy to start searching for archivable content.
- Once the policy completes processing, the list of qualified content loads into the Matching Data table, and metrics are calculated for the list.
- Select All That Match Policy to select all returned items, or click the checkbox next to each time to select one item at a time. Results can be exported into a CSV file by clicking Export Table.
- After selecting the items to Archive, click Bulk Archive.
- A warning message will appear stating the actions that will be performed. Click the checkbox.
- Select Yes to archive the items selected.
Managing Archived Content
Once the content is archived using Data Management, administrators can view, manage and recover content using the Himalaya tools available in the Video Platform.
- Log in to the Video Platform as an administrator and navigate to Himalayas by selecting the Main Menu icon at the top-right corner of the page, then Himalayas.
- Administrators can search through currently archived content by using the following filters.
- Find Files: search by the name of the archived folder or media content name.
- Category: search by the Title, Description, Owner Name, Archiver Name, or Owner Email.
- Status: search by the archived content's status.
- Type: Search for Files or Folders.
- Date Created: search based on the content's date of an archive.
- Administrators can also enable Folder Only to confine the search parameters within a specified folder.
- After locating the archived folder, double-click on it to view the media content saved to the folder.
- Select the folders or media content inside an archive folder to restore and select Restore, or to delete, select Delete.
- If restoring content, the following message will display stating the files will be restored to their original location.
- Click Confirm to restore your selected files.
- Once your files are restored, a prompt will appear asking if you would like to add the restored files to the Exclusion List. Files within the exclusion list will not be archived in Himalayas by recurring policies for the next 90 days.
- Select Confirm if you wish to add the files to the Exclusion List.
Did you know? Restoring archived content to the content owner's account generally takes 4 to 12 hours. An email will be sent notifying you when the process has been completed.