With Himalayas for Archiving & Compliance, organizations can archive Video Platform content into Himalayas that can be recovered from archive by an Administrator on the request of a Content Creator. Administrators can archive content using Data Management tools driven by custom archiving policies via Manual Mode or automatically archive content via Smart Mode, then manage that archived content through Himalayas. All archived content retains its closed captions, tags, Video Quizzes, analytics data and linked documents.
Navigating to Data Management to Archive Content
Archiving is done through the Data Management tool available to Administrators in the Admin Panel.
- To access the Data Management tools, log in to the Video Platform as an Administrator.
- Click the Main Menu icon on the top right of the screen, select Admin Panel and then select Data Management.
Manual Mode Archiving in Himalayas Using Data Management
In Manual Mode, Admins can use default or custom policies to locate archivable content and review storage metrics before sending qualifying content into Himalayas for archiving.
- Use the Selected Policy dropdown to select the policy you would like to use or edit.
- You can edit your policy by selecting Edit Selected Policy or create a brand new one by clicking Create New Policy.
- Click Run Policy to start searching for archivable content.
- Once the policy completes processing, the list of qualified content loads into the Matching Data table, and metrics are calculated for the list.
- Select All That Match Policy to select all returned items or click the checkbox next to each time to select one item at a time. Results can be exported into a CSV file by clicking Export Table.
- After selecting the items to Archive, click Bulk Archive.
- Under Select Archive, choose Archive to Himalayas. Provide a folder name for the archived content.
Managing Archived Content
Once the content is Archived using Data Management, Administrators can view, manage and recover content using the Himalaya tools available in the Video Platform.
- Log in to the Video Platform as an Administrator and navigate to Himalayas by selecting the Main Menu icon at the top right corner of the page, then Himalayas.
- Administrators can search through currently archived content by using the following filters:
- Find Files: search by the name of the archived folder or media content name.
- Category: search by the title, description, owner name, or archiver name.
- Status: search by the archived content's status.
- Type: search for Files or Folders.
- Date Created: search based on the content's date of an archive.
- After locating the archived folder, double click on it to view the media content saved to the folder.
- Select the folders or media content inside an archive folder to restore and select Restore or to delete, select Delete.
Did you know? Restoring archived content to the content owner's account generally takes 4 to 12 hours.