With the Video Conference for Android app, users can attend active Video Conferences right through the mobile app while using their device's camera and microphone. The Video Conference for Android app is available from the Google Play Store for Android OS 7 or higher. Click here to download the app.
Joining an Active Video Conference using the Application
Users can join a Video Conference by using a 7 character Meeting Code provided by the Meeting Owner.
- Launch the Video Conferencing for Android app and enter your name if prompted.
- Enter the 7 character Meeting Code provided by the meeting owner by manually typing it out or pasting the code by selecting Paste Code.
- If you typed the incorrect code, select Clear Code to clear the Meeting Code field.
- Click Join to join the Video Conference.
- If prompted, enter the Meeting's Password provided by the Meeting Owner.
- After joining the Video Conference, users will be prompted to enable their video conference sources including microphone and camera. Users can select from the following:
- Video and Audio: enable the Android device's camera and microphone.
- Audio: disable the Android device's camera and enable it's microphone.
- No Audio: disable the Android device's camera and microphone.
- Leave Meeting: exit the screen without joining the Video Conference.
Configuring Available Microphone and Camera Sources
After joining the Video Conference, users can disable or enable their device's microphone and webcam, while also switching between their front and back camera if available.
- Select the Audio button from the bottom of the screen to disable or enable your microphone.
- Select the Video button from the bottom of the screen to disable or enable your camera.
- Select the Camera icon from the top of the screen to switch between the devices front and back camera.
Pinning the Video Boxes
Currently, the Android app supports displaying 4 Video Boxes when attending a Video Conference. If more than 4 people have enabled their camera, the meeting attendee can specify which 4 of those Video Boxes to view.
- Select the 3-Dot icon from the top left of the screen and tap Select Pinned Videos.
- From the menu, select up to 3 Video Boxes to pin to your screen.
- Tap Select to save your changes.
Viewing the Presenter's Screen
The Video Conference for Android app allows Users to view a the Presenter's screen when enabled.
- To view the Presenter's screen, select the Screen icon from the bottom of the app.
Monitoring Video Conference Attendees
Users can monitor who has joined the Video Conference and their roles using the app.
- To view the list of meeting attendees, select Users from the bottom of the screen.
Using the Video Conference Chat Feature
Users can monitor if there are unread Video Conference messages and view the Chat history using the Chat feature.
- Select the Chat icon from the bottom of the screen to open the Video Conference Chat to view unread messages or to send a message to all meeting attendees.
Leaving a Video Conference
After the Video Conference is complete, users can leave the active Video Conference using multiple methods.
- To leave the Video Conference, select the red Leave button or select the Android device's Back button.
- When prompted, select Yes to leave the meeting.
The Video Conference will remain active in the background if the Android device falls asleep or the users switches to another app while in an active meeting. If this occurs, the app will disable the device's camera, but the microphone will remain enabled.